Have you tried besthobbypages.com ???

We offer 2 pocket, 3 pocket and 4 pocket page/envelope set and are the only archival safe page/envelope set available. We feature only products that are 100% made in the USA and are 100% archival safe – like how we use polypropylene instead of the traditionally used materials.

We also made our envelopes and pages larger than the old versions of our competitors meaning you can hold your two pieces in our 2 pocket envelope and put JSPs and flaps in our 4 pocket envelopes. The four pocket envelope also is great for 3.5″ rounds.

Please check us out and order a sample set if you haven’t seen us at a local show. We plan to make several more TOR’s this year, but why wait – start protecting your collection the right way – now.

Joseph Klos

besthobbypages.com

Comments

I saw your YouTube pitch that jason filmed at the pre-NOAC TOR and your product looked interesting. One of my peeves about the UltraPro pages is that they’re so slick that patches slip out of them if you’re not careful. It looks like your solution is an envelope that is then inserted into the page sleeve.

The downsides appear to be capacity and cost. Instead of 6 flaps per page, the Best Hobby Pages can only hold four. If one purchases the complete system, they would cost $1.75/page (page plus 4 envelopes) compared to 15-25 cents per UltraPro page. Am I missing something? What would entice a collector to switch to the Best Hobby Pages?

By ISCA87L on August 27th, 2009 at 3:15 am

I met yall at the pre-noac tor and was really intrested in the items… actually sat there and talked for a good bit… i bought and traded for holders i got.. realy good people… then still got to agree they do slipp a lil and can we do a 6 holder 2?

By redneck_patch_trader on August 27th, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Yes, they are more expensive than getting a 6 pocket page from Ultra-Pro. Any custom made product is more expensive. But the advantages is that they are side loading so your patches will not fall out.

If they do slide (which one would need to work really hard at) the slide to the center of the binder and can not fall out.

In comparison to the 3 pocket page that Brush Creek has, our 4 pocket page is also more cost effective.

This is a high end product, but the look and feel of these will protect your patches or whatever you collect for years.

We are looking at two new page sets – one will be a full pocket page/envelope set for jacket pages and neckerchiefs. The other will be a 6 pocket page for 3″ rounds.

We are going back to our manufacturer and asking about a number of alternatives to a traditional 6 pocket page that holds flaps. Our biggest challenge with those is that a number of the new issues don’t fit there. That’s another reason our four pocket pages / envelopes do work. You can put a larger jsp or over sized flap there.

Since our inception in July of 2009, we have already sold more than 20,000 units from besthobbypages.com – so stop by and see why we are the best.

– Joseph Klos

By besthobbypages.com on August 28th, 2009 at 12:28 pm

besthobbypages.com;2539 wrote: This product may not be for all collectors – if you are looking only at the cost, then you must not have been familiar with Brush Creek’s PPS system. We created our product (which means covered tooling costs) and were able to bring our product costs in line exactly with theirs. Our product is made of an archival safe material – polypropylene. Go watch their video to hear what theirs is made of.

I watched the two videos that jason made of the Best Hobby Page and Patch Protection System sales pitches back-to-back and there was no comparison. I kinda felt sorry for Meredith having to follow your ad because her product was made of vinyl and didn’t fit the 2-piece sets well. It was so obvious, but that’s real market competition!

By ISCA87L on August 29th, 2009 at 5:15 am

First, I wanted the video for Best Hobby Pages to stand alone and not just show the competition.

But here is a short list of Best Hobby Pages (ours) product vs the Brush Creek product (theirs) and some comparisons

Ours – archival safe polypropylene
Theirs – vinyl (not archival safe)

Ours – lighter in weight – less weight to carry binder
Theirs – heavier

Ours – thinner product – more patches to your binder
Their – thicker – less patches to your binder

Ours- polypropylene: no tears, no splits, no yellowing, no transferring of color
Their – splits, tears, yellows, transfers color

Ours – sizing that fits more of your patches – designed that way – ie jsps, larger flaps, 2 pieces
Theirs – same sizing for their 2 pocket and 3 pocket pages and envelopes.

Ours – 100% made in the USA
Theirs – envelopes and pages are not made in the USA

Ours – new product to market – able to price at the same as what Brush Creek charged despite all start up costs
Theirs – priced the same as always.

Ours – card stock in inclusive for all collectors for anything – words like issues, catalog #, value and price
Theirs – product is designed to be used by OA collectors

Come join the free market decision and check us out at besthobbypages.com

Order a sample set if you need to see the product for yourself or if your ready to purchase, our cart automatically calculates shipping, insurance, and discounts.

We look forward to your continued support.

Joseph Klos
besthobbypages.com

By besthobbypages.com on August 31st, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Its been two months since Joe introduced his new product and I haven’t heard any reaction from the collectors who have purchased his new hobby pages. I was wondering if any users would want to give an unsolicited comment about the product so the rest of us can know if they are truly as great as the pitch man says?

By jason on October 7th, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I am enjoying the ones that I am using. I find these are less bulky than the previous vinyl ones. I think the best one is the 2 page envelope. I am currently using those for 2 pieces, bigger odd shapes and my Malibu Pies.

Definitely would recommend for anyone looking to have a museum quality look to their collection.

By Tonkawa99 on October 12th, 2009 at 4:42 pm

I have been using the BCTC pages for years to store my collection. I have always had issues with availability and displaying the larger patch holders. I used BCW currency pages for the long 3/page items. The larger holders didn’t seem to fit in anything I could find. I used 5×7 photo pages for my event patches, however, usually had to staple the top of the page to lock everything in. I did not like the system I was using, however, couldn’t find one that I liked better.

When I heard the buzz about Best Hobby I was hesitant to jump on the bandwagon. After NOAC I called up Joe and met with him in VA and looked over what he had to offer. I ended up shifting almost all of my collection over to his product. They still do not have a viable solution to jacket/puzzle patches.

The product displays my two piece flaps nicely, it allows me to group OBV sets like the BCTC product did, and it lets me throw 4 flaps at a time into one page. I put almost all of my 104 event patches into the 4/2 page holders and that works better than any other system I have found.

Overall, I am very happy. I think a collection in a binder will say more about the product than any pitch man, or satisfied customer can. If anyone is ever in Richmond I would be happy to show you the end result. If you don’t like it I will gladly trade you my currency pages and BCTC holders. I still have some brand new never used ones.

John