2009 Pre-NOAC Trade-O-Ree

Just got finished reading the oaimages.com blog where John had the information from the ISCA site regarding the TOR. Its very exciting stuff – unprecedented in our hobby. Rather than repeating it I’ll direct you to the source!

John’s blog can be found here: http://blog.oaimages.com/2009-pre-noac-tor/

Comments

I reserved 3 tables last week. Am looking forward to it finally being on site.

By acubin54 on December 2nd, 2008 at 10:41 pm

After talking to a few sources here is some gossip I’ll spread concerning the TOR.

2. ISCA signed some sort of deal with the OA folks to secure the deal including a large sum of money for the contract

3. table rentals will of course go to offset the cost of all this and expect those to be well over $100 each

Having said that I too have reserved three tables and am looking forward to the event. Sounds like it might be a great way to show the official folks that they can blend patch trading and the event without having a mess. Maybe the patch police at Jambo need to pay attention here! Kudos to the ISCA leadership for pulling this off. This could be a really important day for our hobby to have such an official prescence at a key national event.

By jason on December 3rd, 2008 at 3:11 pm

jason;1562 wrote: 1. everyone who participates as a table renter or comes through the door will need to have their BSA identification card on them. In other words those who are not actively registered in the BSA will not be participating in this event since its now an official part of the NOAC program

This is the first I have heard about this. However it makes sense with the whole liability aspect. I’m glad they aren’t limiting it to just NOAC participants.

With the BSA relying more and more on our membership number and the membership card they really should provide a more durable card…

Seems very logical since the OA wrote the extra facility usage and such into the overall NOAC contract.

I’m very disappointed I won’t be able to make it. Hopefully it goes smooth and becomes a NOAC tradition…

By missingarrow on December 3rd, 2008 at 8:03 pm

What about us traders who are going to NOAC that cant afford a table there….

By redneck_patch_trader on December 4th, 2008 at 1:49 pm

To answer your question – based on what I heard you wouldn’t have to be a registered NOAC participant to get in but you would have to be a registered Scout or Scouter.

I don’t know how they would police that (sounds like a nightmare). I assume the TOR will still be partially a Pre-NOAC event so that maybe a few days before the event it would kick off. I don’t think the TOR will be running much past the day that all the contingents show up. Now wouldn’t that be a coup if the TOR ran during the NOAC for four-five days. 😮

Let me again say everything I’ve heard about the TOR that I’ve put in these posts is based on conversations and is just gossip. Please don’t make any plans or decisions based on what I’ve said here. As more information is available I’m sure it will be posted on the ISCA site and we can keep linking to that.

By jason on December 4th, 2008 at 2:41 pm

The flyer ( http://scouttrader.org/2009_Pre-NOAC_TOR_Info.pdf ) states that the TOR is open to the public Thursday – Saturday, with the ISCA member preview and Live Auctions happening on Wednesday. NOAC starts on Saturday, so there is only one day of overlap.

I’m sure normal Trading and such will take place like always during and throughout NOAC and the campus.

By missingarrow on December 4th, 2008 at 5:16 pm

thanks for the flyer – a picture is worth 1,000 words.

By jason on December 4th, 2008 at 8:21 pm